Pumping should never be painful.
Wash your hands thoroughly.
Prepare your breastpump and the pumpset.
Find a quiet place and make yourself comfortable; put something to drink within reach.
Carry out a short breast massage (Plata Rueda).
- Centre the breast shell and hold the pumpset onto the breast shell while pumping.Do not put a lot of pressure on the breast in doing so.
- Turn on the breastpump and regulate the suction strength (vacuum) and the suction frequency (cycle) so that pumping feels pleasant.
- Massage your breast while pumping.
- 8.Pump from the right and left breast alternately. You can take a short break in between, have a drink and briefly massage the breast.
- Turn off the breastpump, remove the pumpset and clean it as described in the instructions.
A high vacuum does not necessarily lead to more milk and can cause sore nipples.